Important for an Australian Tourist Visa to enter Bali read here. You still must have a current Australian Passport with a minimum 6 months before expiry on the day you leave, not from the day you buy you ticket.
On Boarding your aeroplane there are restrictions on the size of your hand luggage and restrictions on what you can carry inside your hand luggage. Check with your own airline, i have included some websites to help.
Liquids, aerosols and gels. The following extract is from the Australian Government website and for the full page click here * Australian Gov Website* Liquid, aerosol or gel products must be in containers of 100 millilitres/grams or less. The containers must be carried in one transparent, resealable plastic bag. The four sides of the bag’s sealed area must add up to no more than 80 centimetres (e.g. 20×20 cm or 15×25 cm). The plastic bag must be the type that can be sealed and resealed with a sealing mechanism, like a sandwich bag or freezer bag. No flammable liquids allowed.
Dangerous Items. Dangerous items should be obvious and include knives, razor blades, nail files, letter openers, knitting and crochet needles, corkscrews, metal scissors and basically anything that can harm another passenger. Use the following links from the * Australian Gov Prohibited Items * and * Qantas Dangerous Goods
* Your hand luggage will be scanned and if you try to take things on board the plane that you should not – it will be confiscated.
* It is easier to pack shampoo and medication etc not required for the flight or anything else into your suitcase.
* You will be given a immigration form to fill out before landing asking for your outbound flight number, passport number, where you are staying, the date and return flight number.
* Use your common sense and all should be ok, there are many thousands of people going on overseas holiday every year with out fuss and enjoying them selves.
* When leaving Bali to come home remember to have your printed return itinery ready to show security or you will not get into the airport and have the 2nd part of the immigration card that you filled out on the aeroplane available to get thru immigration. There is also a exit tax of two hundred thousand rupiah ( about Au$20.00 ) for each person.
* One thing to remember, illegal drugs in Indonesia carry the death penalty if caught, your hand luggage and suitcases will be scanned at Denpasar so do not do it!
When you get there and if your hotel is not picking you up you will need transport, particularly groups and or families. Bali is 8 degrees south of the equator and can get hot and sweaty which means airconditioned transport is needed. Phone or email our adopted drivers for wheels.